Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a crazy day!

So, Just to let everyone know, Brooke is doing better. She had to go to the hospital yesterday for some not so fun test to make sure her bladder and Kidneys are ok. The found out that she has some reflux back up into her kidneys, so that basically means one of her valves is shutting all the way. The tech told us that they usually just keep them on antibiotics for a year and then re run the test to make sure everything has healed up. My little baby isn't supposed to have to go through all this! Thankfully dad was there because I was about to loose it. She was totally screaming her head off during the test, Poor baby. She feel asleep immediately after in my arms and took a crazy long nap. Then it was my turn... I had to go get an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. I had had some problems early on but everything turned out. They found our new babies heartbeat and looks like we will be having a new arrival March 12, 2009!!! Yeah! After all this crazy, we were all beat and slept so good!
Click to play New arrival
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

5 comments:

Amber said...

SOOOO glad everything's ok. :)

Serendipity said...

Hey Monica! I found your blog off Amber's. Congratulations on number 2!! That's awesome! We are excited for you guys.

Kylie had the exact same procedure done as Brooke! It was HORRIBLE!! I was also 7 months pregnant with Mark at the time and Brian was out of town. Anyway, we had her on antibiotics for a few months then decided that we didn't want her on those for 12-18 months. She did fine until she got another infection (about 18 months later). That was when they wanted to retest her anyway. So, they did the same tests again. The reflux was gone though. Good luck to Brooke! I hope hers goes away too. Who is Brooke's doctor?

Courtney said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys!! I can't believe your going to have another baby, time really flies!! Can't wait to see you guys in a week.

Emm said...

Ya! Congrats! Good to hear everything is good to go :)

Angela S said...

Hey guys! Congrats on the pregnancy! The little one is so cute!