Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Surgery and Good news!!

Brooke had surgery yesterday, and thankfully she did great. I was so nervous about the general anesthesia. I was a wreck Monday night, crying randomly as I would look at her. She didn't have a clue and I was freaking out. were we doing the right thing and then all the what if's start coming. I really had to control my thoughts. She had what called deflux on her left and right ureter's to repair the reflux (which is causing all her UTI's). Hopefully this will fix it. we will still have to have her do some more testing to make sure. My poor baby is going to hate the Dr!! I was so worried the nurses would be having secret conversations pointing out the hysterical mom with her little girl, I got it all out Monday night! I was like a rock Mom!! Brooke was great she just let the dr's wheel her back on this Big wheels bike. The procedure was short but still seemed long to Jared and I. She was just mad when she woke up and ready to get out of there. After a about an hour in recovery we were able to go home. The pat day and a half Brooke has just been exhausted and a little cranky but she did wonderful. Such a trooper! I have to say how awesome my sister in law is she came over and cleaned my house and cooked for us! Oh yes, how jealous you all now are!! She's mine!! So on to the Good news. Our new baby boy will be born on February 26! My Dr already schedule the day for me to be induced. It seems so close now that I have a for sure day, unless of course he comes earlier but that will be 38 weeks so hopefully he will hang on till then. It is defiantly nice to be able to plan it. So everyone can be prepared, however I will never get the excitement of being surprised!

6 comments:

the Smiths said...

Yay! Glad everything worked out. Brooke is such a cutie and you are going to have another baby in less than 2 months thats crazy. it makes me want to have another one right now!

Kristen said...

Glad everything went well. I have family members who have had this surgery. You will be so grateful. It really works. Glad you all are doing well. I don't think I knew you were pregnant again! Congrats!

Daniel said...

Hey Jared and Monica...and Brooke:) I'm glad to hear the surgery has gone well. Yall are such a cute family and your little girl is so cute. I didn't even know yall had a blog, it'll be great to keep in touch. Hope yall continue to do well and good luck with the next baby coming!

Courtney said...

I am so glad that everything went well for Brooke's surgery!! That would be so hard to go through, I can only imagine!! I can't believe that Feb. 26th the day!! Time goes so fast!!! (for me)

Laura said...

I didn't even realize you had a freakin' blog too! SO exciting! I can't wait for Caleb! :)

Jenny said...

Bless her little heart!!! What a trooper! I'm glad everything went as planned. And what mommy would have a little alone-time hysteria over something like that?